Buy a domain name and start your online project now! Read this article and discover the 6 tips you need to consider when buying a domain name!
Selecting a domain name is exactly the same as selecting a business name – it demands a lot of time, effort, and consideration. After all, your domain is your online identity and you want to make sure you select a domain that not only fits your brand and business, but it is also easy to promote and locate on the web.
So, how to buy a domain name which is perfect for your online project?
All you need to do is follow these 6 tips:
- Make it easy to spell and easy to type – Choosing a domain name that is easy to spell and easy to type is important to online success. Keep the name as simple as possible as if you use words with multiple spellings or slang, you will confuse your customers and they will never remember your domain.
- Keep it short – The secret to a good domain name is to keep it simple and short. If your domain is long and complicated the chances of your customers misspelling the name are pretty high. Remember, simple and short is the way to go.
- Use keywords – Make sure to use keywords that are related to your business, brand, and the products and services you offer. Include keywords that people use when searching for your business.
- Avoid number and hyphens – Keep in mind that numbers and hyphens are usually misunderstood and they make things complicated. When people hear your domain, they don’t know if you are using the numeral word such as 3 or the word is spelled out – three.
- Use an appropriate domain name extension – It is important to use the right domain name extension as the extensions have their own specific uses. The .com domain extension is one of the most popular, however, it can be really difficult to get a short .com domain as this extension has been around for a long time.
- Act fast – The domains are selling quickly. Luckily for you, they are not an expensive investment, so if you found a name that is suitable for your business, register it as soon as possible.
Use these 6 tips and find the perfect domain name for your online project!